Committee Openings- Updated
September 7, 2011
"Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day."--Sally Koch
Appointment to a Committee
• Committee membership is open to all NCA members in good standing.
• Only official NCA publications shall be use to inform the membership of committee vacancies. Included in said notice shall be information on the duties and responsibilities of the committee.
• All vacancy notices shall be published for at least 30 calendar days.
• NCA members interested in serving on a committee should contact either the Committee Liaison or the committee’s chair.
• All volunteer applications received by either the Committee Liaison or the committee’s chair will be presented to the Board in a timely manner.
• The Board will appoint committee members depending on the nature of the committee and the work to be accomplished.
• After initial Board review, but prior to appointment, committees will be asked for their applicant recommendations. • Committees are reminded that their preferred candidate may not be the one appointed by the Board.
• Appointments to committees shall be based upon current and previous committee commitments, experience, background, and specific skills and/or knowledge deemed useful to the committee’s charge.
Breeders Education Committee (BEC)
Based on the NCA Board approved Breeder Mentor requirements, to be considered for appointment to the Breeder Education Committee the following are required:
A NCA Member for a minimum of five years
Owned and exhibited Newfoundlands for a minimum of ten (10) years
Bred a minimum of four AKC Champions
Attended National or Regional Specialties within the past five years
Able to discuss obedience and working events
Able to discuss the various health issues and health tests used for pre-breeding screening purposes
Candidates should possess an in-depth understanding of the Standard as demonstrated by at least two of the following:
Has demonstrated skill as an AKC approved or provisional judge or has judged sweepstakes at a specialty
Has produced Register of Merit Newfoundlands
Has owned, trained and handled Versatile Newfoundlands
Must have the ability to discuss the breed without promoting their own kennel and/or bloodline and without being disrespectful to other kennels and/or bloodlines
Additionally, the ideal candidate must be able to communicate with all levels of fanciers and must be willing and able to write articles for Newf Tide and the NCA website/BEC section.
This committee meets the first Thursday of every month for appx. 90 mins. Consistent attendance is required. The ideal candidate must be able to devote additional hours depending on the committee’s projects.
Strong computer skills are desirable!
Please contact Pam Saunders, Committee Liaison or Kathy McIver, Committee Chair for more information or if you are interested in this position.